It can be time-consuming, not to mention costly, trying to find the best online casino to play at. If you want to play at the top sites for British players for free, then you just might like what you find here on Top British Casinos.
What do the Best British Casinos have in Common?
First, here are some characteristics to look out for that all the best online casinos display.
- Software - Not much else matters on a website if they have poor quality games or insufficient selection. The best online casinos use the top software developers like Microgaming, Playtech, NetEnt, and Yggdrasil Gaming.
- Customer Service - Look for sites that have excellent customer service. You will be able to tell if they have a dedicated support team available 24/7 via chat, email, or phone. Also, the best online casinos have ongoing bonuses for existing players, not just for new players.
- Banking - Everyone has a preferred method of conducting financial transactions online. Whether it's credit or debit cards, eWallets like PayPay, or cryptocurrency like Ripple, top sites will have every option to please the crowd.
- Safety - The most important thing, of course, is safety. If a site isn't licensed or if it is difficult to find out anything about how the site is protecting you, the player, then that site is not worth your time or money.
Important Licensing and Regulatory Bodies
Speaking of safety, it is of utmost importance that the online casino you play at is regulated by the proper authority. If a site is based out of Malta, for example, it needs to be licensed there. Likewise, if it's from the United Kingdom or a crown dependency, it will fall under the respective authority. The moral of the story is that first, you should make sure the site is licensed, second, that it is regulated to accept players from your location, and third, that you are legally allowed to play at the site by your jurisdiction.
- Malta Gaming Authority - Malta Gaming Authority was one of the first regulatory bodies to start providing licenses to online gambling sites, and is one of the largest regulators.
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission - The United Kingdom Gambling Commission began in 2005 when the British Gambling Act was passed. The UKGC is responsible for all commercial gambling in Britain, including online gambling.
- Curaçao eGaming - Like Malta, there are lots of online casinos operating out of Curaçao, and these sites fall under the regulation of Curaçao eGaming, which has been around since 1996.
- Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission - Part of the British Isles, the Isle of Man is under the authority of the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission.
The Top Banking Options for UK Casino Players
The top sites will give you all the selection you could want when it comes to banking
. If you prefer MasterCard, Visa, or using your local bank debit card, they've got you covered. Likewise, if you'd rather use a third-party electronic finance service provider like Neteller or Skrill, most sites will hook you up. Or, if you're the nerdy type and have an abundance of cryptocurrency that is sitting around burning a hole in the internet somewhere, you can use your Bitcoin or Ethereum at all of the best British sites.
The Most Popular Bonus Options
British players like to play all kinds of casino games. Depending on which game is your favourite, you might want to look out for one type of bonus over the others
. Or, if you like to mix it up once in a while, take advantage of all the deals and have fun playing for free.
- Free Spins - You can use free spin promos on slot machines at the top sites. Look for deals for new players or promotional deals when a developer releases a new slot. Be aware that your free spins might only be valid on one machine or only on the slots from a particular software provider.
- Bonus Cash - Bonus cash deals are great because you can usually choose what to spend your money on - although some sites might restrict it to table games. Pay attention to the minimum wager on your bonus cash and how soon you must use it before you lose it. Then, have fun playing poker, roulette, or even bingo!
- Free Play - The best sites will give existing players free play promotions as a reward for loyalty. You might get five free rounds of blackjack, or 45 minutes to play as much keno as you can in that time. Don't forget to check the wagering requirements, as you might be required to bet your winnings ten, twenty, or more times before the money is yours to keep.
Don't get stuck in a rut playing at the same site again and again. Try the top British online casinos that we recommend here using the best bonuses and find your new favourite spot.